Thursday, May 16, 2013

Interview Summary

After researching and reading many blogs on the topic of pictures of models, celebrities and "perfect girls"  effecting how other women think about themselves, I decided to interview a few of my peers. With this topic being a common problem among many teenage girls, I picked 2 girls, one using the internet everyday, the other a few times a week. I asked them basic questions concerning themselves, for example how many times they went on Tumblr/Pintrest ?, If they were happy with how they looked, etc. It wasn't till I asked how they would help a person struggling with themselves based on looking at these pictures and how they would help them, till I felt an honest concern and interest in my project from these 2 girls. What most people don't realize is how much of an issue "Thinspiration" and photo blogs have become. While explaining them the extent people go to to look a certain way, there faces dropped. I asked them if this topic should be broadcasted more as a major problem among teenage girls and women and they both agreed. This reoccurring issue is not going to just disappear on it's own, it is important for everyone to bring awareness to this topic. In doing so we might not only save lives but help women feel more confident and happy with there bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment